New rules governing sulfide mining in Wisconsin were unanimously approved Wednesday by the state Natural Resources Board. The regulations would make mining companies pay more for permits and licenses, as well as outline areas that are considered unsuitable for mining.
- WPR: Natural Resources Board Approves New Rules For Sulfide Mining
- ICYMI: Eagle Herald – Communications director says release was ‘misleading’
- ICYMI: Aquila Editorial Highlights How Mining Will Offer a Bright Future to Marathon County
- WSAU: Marathon County Board Passes Mining Ordinance
- WSAW: Marathon County Board passes mining regulations